Time to Change

Clinical Hypnotherapy Treatments At Abergavenny Complementary Practice, Monmouth Natural Health Centre and Brecon Complementary Medicine Centre and Virtual Gastric Band - Hypnotherapy In Wales


Nicola Schramm Hypnotherapy in Gwent and Powys, Abergavenny, Monmouth and Brecon

Hypnotherapy in Gwent and Powys,

Abergavenny, Monmouth and Brecon

Dip.Hyp(Clin) LAPHP, mem. FGH e.V.

Virtual Gastric Band Hynotherapy - Crickhowell



Nicola Schramm


See Yourself Not How You Are, But How You Would Like to Be!


These days how often do we hear the advice to ‘think positively’, the numerous books and

affirmations that exist offering us the possibility to change our lives through our thinking?

Good advice if we all have so much will power and the ability to consciously consistently

monitor and control our thoughts enough in order to erase our negative thinking patterns.

The reality with most people is that their thoughts control them.


When sitting alone, miserable, ill, or in financial difficulties and unhappy, how can you possibly, truly believe a positive affirmation. Consciously you may say it, but your unconscious is sabotaging your plans, still set with the old negative patterns.


Many of us may have been ‘programmed’ negatively in our past. An example of this may be a teacher constantly saying ‘You’ll never amount to anything’, and in that state of heightened emotion our unconscious has absorbed this suggestion so that we are ‘unconsciously’ living out the negative expectations of others.


In our daily lives most people are using about 10% of their mind's capacity, that of the conscious mind, while leaving the other 90% to the unconscious. Hypnosis is the tool, a bridge to the unconscious mind where enormous information-processing capabilities are stored.  So  in this age of computer technology we can appreciate the analogy by cell biologist Bruce Lipton, Ph.D, for example, of describing the conscious mind as operating with the computer processing power at about 40 bits of information per second,  on a linear basis, one thing after another, while the subconscious processes information at  a rate of 20 million bits per second, simultaneously. Therefore it surely makes sense to  work with the guidance of that amazing part of our mind when focusing towards our goals.


In the hypnotic state the unconscious doesn’t recognise the difference between reality and what is imagined. The imagination is much more powerful than will power.  Hypnosis gives us the key to free ourselves from repressed emotion and in so doing support releasing ourselves from the negative patterns in our unconscious mind and move towards our true potential.

To be a truly good therapist one needs to have insights into others. Nothing provides this more than one’s own varied life experiences. My path in life has served me well in this respect, culminating with living in Germany for nearly 15 years, to fulfil the most demanding part of this ‘life’s course’. Through this isolating period I was forced to be self-reliant and look deep within in order to gain strength to overcome many hardships. This time was the commencement of my studies which would eventually lead to me qualifying in both the UK and Germany as a ‘Clinical Hypnotherapist’ and training and practicing in German.  I was fortunate to be mentored by an expert Austrian Hypnotherapist for whom I have great admiration and have the advantage of gaining broader perspectives and skills  by being able to work in both countries.


Nicola works with 'Client Centred Therapy' through hypno-analysis and is proud to be an associate member of Clinical Hypnotherapy Wales.

Clinical Hypnotherapy Wales was established in order to meet the ever increasing public, corporate and medical demand for professionally and ethically trained therapists who are skilled in strategic clinical hypnotherapy. Such demand has lead to its recognition as a mainstream therapy offering a unique approach to the treatment of both psychological and physical problems. When professionally trained, the practitioner possesses an effective and profound therapeutic tool to help others and recognises when it is appropriate to do so.


Clinical Hypnotherapy Wales practitioners include consultant doctors, psychologists, nurses, occupational therapists, speech therapists, counsellors, teachers, lecturers, business advisors, corporate ‘trainers’ and sports psychologists and coaches.


Clinical Hypnotherapy Wales takes its responsibilities seriously and we have signed the up to the Welsh Declaration for Dental Health & Wellbeing (Wales Mental Health & Primary Care Network); we support the mission statement the Health Challenge Wales (Welsh Assembly Government); and we have signed to the Charter of the Mindful Employer (Devon & Partnership NHS Trust).